What is Biopuncture?
Biopuncture describes any therapeutic measure that uses homeopathic complexes (biotherapeutics) for injection into specific points or areas on the body. The name originated from combining bio-therapy with acu-puncture. Biopuncture is a therapy using mostly plant-based ultra-low dilution product formulas which are injected into specific body regions to relieve pain and inflammation. The majority of injections are micro-injections with a very small needle just under the skin or into the muscle. One of the benefits of directly injecting the area of pain appears to be a “turbo effect,” or a much faster healing response.
In conventional medicine, the drug you take suppresses your symptoms immediately. That is why you need to take high doses of chemical substances in order to suppress pain or inflammation. But as soon as the medication stops working, you have to take another pill to “kill the pain” again.
However, in biopuncture, small doses of products are injected in order to stimulate or “wake up” the natural healing processes. The healing effect comes from “inside” your body – not from the products themselves. It’s the reaction of your immune system, which will produce the proper reactions to regain natural healing.
“Biopuncture is grounded in conventional diagnosis. Based on several decades of clinical experience and research, biopuncture is a safe, effective new tool to fight pain. It can be used alongside conventional treatments or when conventional or alternative treatments fall short. It is not a stand-alone treatment. Typically, in a sport, spine and pain practice, the best results occur when the patient can combine biopuncture with good nutrition, which improves their body’s ability to heal and lessen tissue inflammation. Exercise and physical therapy are important treatments used alongside biopuncture to give patients strength, endurance and better posture so the problem does not return.”
Extract form article: An Alternative Cure for Pain: Biopuncture (By Dr. Lee Wolfer, MD, Integrative Sports, Spine and Wellness Medicine)
What conditions are typically treated with Biopuncture?
- Musculoskeletal problems: sprains and strains, joint pain, tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, shoulder pain (rotator cuff syndrome, impingement), mild to moderate arthritis, back/neck pain, nerve pain, painful scars, residual pain after surgery.
- Medical problems: asthma, hay fever, irritable bowel, eczema, bronchitis, migraine headaches and irritable bowel syndrome.
Advantages of Biopuncture:
- Quick to act in acute injuries.
- They work with the bodies repair mechanisms.
- No known side effects or contra-indications.
- No banned substances (eliminates risk of doping).
- Safe to use.
- Treatment and prevention of illness due to excessive training in athletes.
- Scientific research increasingly demonstrates the effectiveness of homoeopathy and biopuncture in sports medicine.
Watch discussions from Dr. Oz on Biopuncture: PART 1